Can a photo energize a person?
I took this snapshot last Sunday as I was walking through Fort Mason in San Francisco, heading to my weekly farmer's market there. I enjoy looking at it, and feel energy coursing through my body when I do.
- the sun is shining, people are walking and jogging along happily
- I see the Golden Gate Bridge, which to me is the gateway to hiking heaven
- I see the Marin Headlands just beyond the bridge--open space with trails galore just waiting to be explored and enjoyed
- I see houses in the little town of Sausalito climbing up the hill from the bay, and know the many delightful restaurants waiting there, both simple and elegant ones
- finally, in the far distance I spy Mt. Tamalpais, where the hiking is superb and varied--open hillsides with views of the ocean or bay; forested canyons with ferns growing up the steep banks and creeks below; private clubs and inns that welcome hikers to stop and refresh.
Yes, a photograph can create energy, so why not find one that inspires and uplifts you?