Living in the heart of San Francisco often feels like living in a village -- well, except for the driving and parking part of it. But that's OK, there is the MUNI bus and trolley service, Uber and Lyft, and our own two feet.
The village feel comes from our unique neighborhoods, often separated from one another by a hill.
In each neighborhood, you'll soon find those special places that make you feel at home, the merchants who greet you by name and with a smile, the ones who welcome you back as a friend.
The Shop Local movement is alive and well in San Francisco, and one I encourage you to support.
- use your local florist when sending or giving flowers
- a piece of gourmet cheese from the local cheese shop makes a great hostess gift
- gift certificates from your favorite masseuse or cosmetician are fun to purchase (and to receive)
- or perhaps a piece of art from the small, local, neighborhood gallery
- try the local hardware store - they provide amazing service and are happy to search for just the right part--and the keys they cut for me always have worked!
Our local, independent stores and service providers create the neighborhood vibrancy that we cherish.