Union Yoga, located in San Francisco on Russian Hill at the corner of Union and Hyde Streets, was founded by Martin Scott, one of the amazing teachers at the studio.
Union Yoga offers a variety of classes, at times througout the day from eary morning until late evening, for beginning and advanced yogis, and everyone in between.
Here you'll find a number of teachers, classes ranging from 1- to 1-1/2 hours in length, special workshops, and fundraisers.
Rise and Shine yoga with Julie Watson is great way to start the morning. As stated on the Union Yoga website, some benefits of early morning yoga:
- Yoga will wake you up like a triple-espresso. Yoga breathing will stimulate your body and mind. All that fresh oxygen will wake up your brain like a jolt of caffeine.
- All day you can think, “Wow, I already did yoga today – how awesome is that?”
- You will be calmer all day. Practicing yoga early in the morning will set the tone for your whole day. It will calm and center you before you have to step out into the chaos of life.
- You will look younger. The stretching in yoga makes your body tighter, lighter, and brighter.
- Yoga helps speed up your metabolism which means that your body burns calories faster.
Are you living your San Francisco dream? Perhaps Union Yoga will fit into your life here.