Buying a brand new home and being able to choose features, finishes and how to use extra spaces is a dream of many people. This month, Beazer Homes and ActiveRain have joined forces to ask us what we'd like in our new dream home. Read the post, then join in the fun and share your ideas.
As our life styles change, our ideas for a dream home change too. When I downsized to a condominium in the city, I still had dream home wishes, but instead of a bigger kitchen and more rooms, I was looking for features like:
- single-level living
- a view - whether ocean, mountain, valley or city lights -- give me something good on which to gaze
- a bathroom with a shower with no curb - walk/wheel right in -- it looks sleek and is very practical
- flexible space - an alcove that could be home office, or library, or showcase for treasured items
- garage parking with ease of entry and exit - no backing out onto busy city streets!
- gas range in the kitchen
- a small deck or patio
- shared common amenities like a pool, or a roof deck
Last night I attended the grand opening event at a new condo building at 1645 Pacific Street in San Francisco. This elegant building incorporates many of the features on my dream list, including the one feature I think every builder of new homes should incorporate - the curbless shower -- I love that sleek, clean look.