I've written before about Cheese Plus, my favorite cheese shop on Polk Street in San Francisco. Well, they've sent out their invitations to join them at the 2nd annual Fancy Food Show tastings.
Every January the Fancy Food Show comes to San Francisco. The 3-day event is held at the Moscone Center, and features food manufacturers and importers from around the world.
Cheese Plus has arranged for a few of their favorite suppliers to come to Cheese Plus, at the corner of Polk Street and Pacific Avenue, to treat us to some of their specialties.
Friday evening, January 17, 5:00-7:00 PM - get acquainted with:
- The Rogers Collection - Spanish cheese and some unique olive oils and condiments
- Forever Cheese - Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Croatian items
- Neal's Yard Dairy- cheeses from the British Isles
- Quality Cheese - fine Swiss cheeses
- Rodolphe Le Meunier - French cheeses
Saturday evening, January 18, 5:00-7:00 PM - featuring:
- Rogue Creamery - featuring fine blue cheeses
- Cheese Made in Belgium - as the name says.....
- Herve Mons - French cheeses
- Columbia Cheese - Alpine cheese from Bavaria, Italy and Switzerland
My thanks to Cheese Plus and owner Ray Bair for bringing parts of the Fancy Food Show to the neighborhood for two evenings, January 17-18, 2014. It's bound to be a tasty evening!
Just one of the benefits of living my San Francisco dream