We had rain today! Now, to some people in many parts of this country and Canada that might be an annoyance. To others it might be appreciated simply because it isn't snow. To us in the parched San Francisco Bay Area, it was a delight!
This evening I bundled up, grabbed my umbrella and headed out the door to run errands as I enjoyed our longed-for rain event.
Here's my top 5 list of things I discovered about walking in the rain in San Francisco:
- It is windier walking along a wide avenue like Van Ness Avenue than along a neighborhood street like Polk Street
- Holding my umbrella in 2 hands, one up near the top, worked to keep the umbrella from turning inside out in the sudden gusts
- Some puddles at street intersections are just too wide to jump across!
- There are lots of red umbrellas in San Francisco - finding mine at Trader Joe's as I left the store was quite fun!
- The cable cars clang up and down the hills in rainstorms as they do in fog or sun!